"For God loved the world in this way: He gave His One and Only Son, so that everyone who believes in Him will not perish but have eternal life." John 3:16

Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Meet Spider-man


Connor's new obsession? Spider-man. Do not fear, he still loves his cars, but Spider-man has definitely stepped up a few notches. I am not sure what started this, but it keeps growing bigger and bigger.
He has had a Spider-man mask since his last birthday (nearly a year ago) and would play with it occasionally - like any other non-car toy. Now, in the past couple weeks, he has taken it off occasionally. I am not kidding.

He has also changed his name. If he meets someone new (mask or not) and they ask his name... "Spider-man" he replies. He is serious. If I or someone else calls, "Connor!" "I am Spider-man", he says. Every time.

So the other night, Shawn was working late and my kids were in bed (but not yet sleeping) when a friend called. She needed prayer. I was in my bedroom talking quietly because my kids are well known for taking advantage of me while on the phone. As I prayed for her, I heard pitter patters across the floor. I peeked out...did you guess it? Spider-man.

He was trying (key word: trying) to tip toe quietly and oh, so slowly across the living room...into the kitchen. I tried to ignore him and focus on my friend. I hear the cabinet in the kitchen open and a rustling bag. He comes back - mask in place - tiptoeing (or whatever that is) back to his room, with a bag of Doritos in his hand.

Yea, that's going to work.

Before I can say anything to him, he sees me. With the biggest, big boy voice a three year old can muster through a Spider-man mask, he says, "It's OK. I will be careful with these."

Oh, great. I feel so much better now.

At that point my conversation had to be put on hold. "Connor put the chips back and go to bed."

Shocked, "But...me...Spider-man?!?"

Through gritted teeth, "Spider-man, put the chips back and go to bed."

At least my friend got a good laugh out of it...thought maybe you all would too. :)

2 comments:

Tara said...

I give him points for staying in character.

Anonymous said...

i thought i was storm from xmen for about 6 months. i was 8.

rock on connor, rock on