"For God loved the world in this way: He gave His One and Only Son, so that everyone who believes in Him will not perish but have eternal life." John 3:16

Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Speechless (Daniel 7-12)

Writing this has been difficult. Through this section of Beth Moore’s “Daniel” Bible Study, I learned depths about history and Bible prophecy. I struggled through long names and many dates. I was left completely confused by the end time theories. But through all of this my faith in God grew leaps and bounds. I delighted in “God’s Story” from beginning to end. Bigger than any Spielberg film or best selling novel, is there any wonder where we get our imaginations? What a creative God! This portion of Daniel made me fall in love with God in a new way. I thrilled to see Him keep His Word over and over. I absolutely can’t wait to see Him in all His glory. My faith is bigger than ever that the Father’s Kingdom will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven. Finally, I am in awe that we ended the study learning how everything ends.

All I can come up with is bits and pieces of quotes from Beth Moore. Nobody says it better than her. I don’t even know if these excerpts make sense outside of the Bible study, but these are the words I am praying I never forget…

“What we do here matters forever…”
May the words and concepts He taught us [in Daniel] be sealed in us. I don’t ever want to get over this!”
May we go our way like Daniels… The world needs to see it work…Shine bright till all is well.”

There was SO much more. I can’t even begin to account all I learned…all that stirred me. I can’t get over Daniel! I don’t want to get over it! I want to live this! It leaves me speechless…

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Reading your posts makes me want to drop everything and do the Daniel study! Is it really only six weeks? I'll have to check into this one!!! Thanks for your review and inspiring words! I love you! -Vicki

Mindy said...

It is actually 12 weeks total, but split into two 6 week studies (each can stand on its own). The first 6 weeks are on the life of Daniel and the second 6 weeks are on prophecy. But I do recommend it!!! Love you too!!!