"For God loved the world in this way: He gave His One and Only Son, so that everyone who believes in Him will not perish but have eternal life." John 3:16

Saturday, July 21, 2007

We Did It!

We just returned home from seeing a movie...in the theater...all 5 of us! I am so excited! Not about the movie (that was just OK) but that we all made it through the movie and the only drama was on the big screen!

The last time we tried this, Chloe is was in my belly...so it was probably about a year ago. We went to see Cars, The Movie. It was Connor's first theater experience and we thought that he would enjoy it since...well, it was Cars, and anyone that knows Connor knows he loves his cars. Summer sat through the whole movie, spellbound. Connor on the other hand...he sat for a good 20 minutes. He than made his way from Mommy's lap to Daddy's and back again several times before deciding the floor was more interesting. Me, being good and pregnant, made frequent visits to the potty and Connor accommodated me each time, and each time, we were sure to take the scenic route back in hopes of releasing as much energy as possible. The last, little while of the movie he was pretty good. He was fascinated, not by the big screen or the racing cars, but by the seat and how he could fold himself in half inside it. Yea...that was our LAST trip.

We decided to brave it again today. Summer (our little movie lover) has been wanting to see Ratatouille and some friends asked us to join them. They have a little girl Connor's age and a 5 month old little boy. I thought the kids would keep us on the edge of our seats, even if the movie didn't.

The two babies actually slept through most of it. When Chloe did wake up, she was so excited by the big screen. She talked for a bit but then some cheerios quickly quieted her. Connor sat on my lap the whole time! He never squirmed, he never fidgeted. I was so impressed. He was ready to go home about 2 thirds into it. I only know this because he would whisper to me now and then asking if it was over. Finally, I asked him if he wanted it to be over and he said, "yes, me go home." I reassured him it would be over soon and he waited patiently until it was. I couldn't believe it! I was so excited I was able to sit in my seat the whole time, I nearly skipped down the aisle! Connor definitely isn't the movie-goer his sister is, so I don't know just when we will all be going back. But for now, I am just content we did it. It was a fun, family outing and nobody (including me) cried!

2 comments:

Tara said...

Yea!!! So how was the movie? :)

Mindy said...

The kids loved it, but I think I laughed outloud once. More on the cute side (which is weird since it is about rats...and rats cooking at that!) than funny. Being Pixar, I had "Finding Nemo" expectations...it wasn't THAT funny. But it was cute.