"For God loved the world in this way: He gave His One and Only Son, so that everyone who believes in Him will not perish but have eternal life." John 3:16

Monday, August 20, 2007

1st Day of School

After counting down the days all month, the day finally arrived for Summer! She has been nothing but excited about starting kindergarten. I kept watching for nerves as the day approached, but even this morning, she was just bubbling with excitement. Mommy got a little teary-eyed as I watched her and Daddy drive off this morning, but Summer's smile never dimmed. I anxiously awaited Daddy's phone call to see how she did once she was at school. I guess, she did great...Daddy, not so good. He said the only things she didn't like was how long it took to get there and how long it took Daddy to leave. He had to be reassured by her a couple times that she really was going to be okay.

I watched the clock all afternoon, worried that time would slip by and I would be late picking her up. I left 30 minutes early and made it through the crazy pick-up traffic 50 minutes later. She cried half way home...not because her teacher was mean...not because she didn't make any new friends...not because she missed me, or was even happy to see me. She cried because she didn't get to ride a school bus home. Once we got passed that drama, I actually got to hear some details about her day. She loved it, made lots of new friends, met up with some old ones, had a "fabulous" (her new word) time and can't wait to go back tomorrow!

She has grown up over night, it seems. She came home and did all her chores without any complaints. Took her shower and headed to bed, easier than EVER! This is what she looks like right now...
(Yes, my 5 year old has an IPOD. It was her birthday present from her techy Daddy. They are two peas in a pod - no pun intended. :) ) She is sound alseep, resting all up for day 2 tomorrow!

3 comments:

Marti said...

Tell Sean his favorite niece wants an iPod, too. (In case he is unsure, I am his favorite niece.)

Jodi said...

No, I am his favorite niece! He bought ice cream for me. Plus, I was the first one to meet him.

Happy First Day of School, Summer! And way to survive it, Mom! :)

Mindy said...

I won't get in the middle of that :)...but I will say, I would like him to buy ME an iPod too! :)