"For God loved the world in this way: He gave His One and Only Son, so that everyone who believes in Him will not perish but have eternal life." John 3:16

Friday, May 23, 2008

New Hair - The Long and Short of It

Chloe's new hair... (it's getting longer!)
Piggy Tails!! I have been waiting for this day since I found out I was having another girl! I loved fixing Summer's hair when she was a baby...just took a little longer for Chloe...to umm...get hair.

Summer's new hair...(it's shorter - A LOT shorter!)
Five minutes (literally five minutes) before we needed to leave for church last Sunday evening, I walk into the bathroom to find Summer cutting her hair. She had cut both sides about ear level and now had a very dramatic mullet. In effort to help her look a bit better for church, I quickly cut the looong back hair. So sad, but there was no other way to fix it. I, rather she cried and cried. She didn't want it short, or at least ALL of it short.
"It's only hair," I assured myself...I mean her, "it will grow back." Between sobs, she asked, "Are you sure, Mommy? Are you sure it will grow back?"
When we returned home later that night, I did my best to fix it for school the next morning. For the first time my little girl was terrified to go to school. She was afraid people were going to call her a boy or laugh at her. (None of which happened.) The whole experience was quite traumatic for me, I mean her...I don't think (hope...pray) she doesn't attempt this ever again. At least not until completing "cutter girl" school.

No comments: