"For God loved the world in this way: He gave His One and Only Son, so that everyone who believes in Him will not perish but have eternal life." John 3:16

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

100 Things

Ok, so since my blog anniversary, my bloggy friend Tara has been frequently reminding me that I am long overdue for a 100 things about me post. She even used her own 100 things post to do so. Apparently this is something you are supposed to do at 100 posts...but I was still a clueless newbie (still am!) then. So here it is...the much delayed (by exactly 100 posts!), long awaited (by at least one person!) 100 things about me!

1. I was born in a small town in Wisconsin
2. Moved to Florida when I was 7
3. Moved 6 more times before I turned 10
4. Didn’t move again until I got married at 21
5. I said I would never get married
6. Told my husband this (before he was my husband)
7. He didn’t believe me
8. I broke up with him a year before I married him
9. He still didn’t believe me
10. I thought he was going to ask me to date him again
11. But he proposed
12. I said, “Yes!”
13. Almost 8 years later
14. I am almost 30
15. I said I would be done having kids by the time I’m 30
16. Pretty sure I am
17. I also said Jesus would come back before I turned 30
18. Still waiting on that one
19. But would not be disappointed if He does
20. I have three beautiful children – ages 5,4 and 19 months
21. Love them to pieces
22. If we go to four, the plan is to adopt
23. Maybe from China
24. China holds a special place in my heart
25. I taught English there one summer
26. Left behind 16 pieces of my heart
27. Dealt with huge culture shock upon returning home
28. I have walked on the Great Wall
29. Rode in a train for 10 hours
30. Been on the news in China - twice
31. Been to a Chinese doctor – thankfully just once
32. I have eaten a 25 course meal – complete with pig tongue, pig ear, whole fish, frog legs, cow stomach, goose eggs, snake, octopus…and then I stopped asking…
33. My favorite food is still Chinese food
34. Right after chocolate
35. I have also been to Hawaii
36. And Alaska – but I didn’t get off the plane
37. I have spent a total of 6 weeks in various places in CA
38. And a week in Arizona
39. Summer has been on five airplane rides
40. And a 24 hour car ride
41. Than we had Connor
42. Haven’t traveled much since
43. I miss it a little
44. But I will have time for traveling in Heaven, if not before
45. When we do decide to brave a plane with three kids – we will go to Wisconsin
46. I miss my family
47. And cheese curds
48. I am counting on plenty of make-up time in Heaven
49. I am bad at keeping in touch
50. One reason I have a blog
51. And it’s just fun
52. I love comments (hint, HINT)
53. I am a reality TV junkie: American Idol, So You Think You Can Dance?, Beauty and the Geek, Amazing Race, Trading Spaces, Jon and Kate Plus 8, What Not To Wear...
54. Not much for movies
55. They are too long
56. But I will watch anything if I can cuddle up to Shawn
57. Just don't count on me staying awake
58. I will stay up until 3 am for a good book
59. Clothes are another one of my obsessions
60. I like to be subtly trendy
61. My favorite store is Delia’s
62. My favorite color is pink
63. Followed by lime green
64. My mother’s ring would have pink and green stones plus a diamond
65. If I had one
66. But I really don't like jewelry much
67. Shawn is rather happy about that
68. I am addicted to Target clearance
69. And coke in the morning
70. I like a coffee now and again
71. In the afternoon or evening
72. My brother taught me to drive
73. And I finally got my license when I was 17
74. After failing my drivers test once..maybe twice
75. Even though I had a 4.0 grade point average in school
76. I still hate driving
77. I graduated third in my class
78. On purpose
79. I hated the thought of a speech, but could still get a scholarship
80. I was a good student
81. But knew how to get out of what I didn’t want to do
82. I organized and led a drama ministry in high school
83. We performed at schools and churches
84. I also did street ministry
85. Most recently I have found a passion for women’s ministry
86. Particularly Bible studies
87. At age 5, I asked Jesus to come into my heart
88. So did my little girl
89. Finally at age 13, I let Jesus “take over”
90. And I haven’t been able to get enough of Him ever since
91. I love studying His Word
92. I love praising Him
93. I love seeing Him change lives
94. I just love Jesus
95. And I can't wait to see Him
96. But here and now, I long to share Him more boldly
97. Know Him more intimately
98. I long for His return
99. I can NOT wait until Heaven
100. But I will…

4 comments:

Tara said...

Yea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Its ABOUT time! Awesome list!!! Love it, love it! You forgot to add that you refuse to drink tea after your time in China...hehe... :)

Anonymous said...

love the 100 facts!! i will say that i am totally with you on #58...usually on a night where i have something REALLY important to do the next day!! and #69. coke trumps coffee any day for me!

Marti said...

Hope you find a way to travel soon because Wisconsin would love to have you. Of course, Wisconsin would love to come to you, too. But that's not easy either. :)

Like you said, in Heaven....

Drina said...

Loved that post - I learned a lot about my husband's aunt whom I've only met once:)