"For God loved the world in this way: He gave His One and Only Son, so that everyone who believes in Him will not perish but have eternal life." John 3:16

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Chores

I was faced again with the drastic difference between my boy and girl yesterday when Connor tried his hand at vacuuming his room for the first time. Summer has been vacuuming the girl's room for awhile now - thanks to a lightweight vacuum with an adjustable handle. She usually does her chores well, all the while insisting I call her "Cinderella". She takes her time and is pretty thorough for a five year old....a lot like Grandma, remember?

So when Connor asked if he could vacuum his room yesterday, I said, "sure". Even if he only gets it half done...that is still half done, right? I go to get the vacuum and come back to find him ready and waiting...with his safety goggles on. We turn the vacuum on and he is off...pushing it as fast as he can to the other side of the room. He crashes into the wall...turns around and does it again. No wonder he thought he needed safety goggles.
I had to have him pause and look at the camera or he would have been a blur. Other than that, he didn't stop once until I pulled the plug. I am not even sure he stopped then... just didn't have the vacuum anymore.
Sweet Chloe had to have a turn too...

2 comments:

Tara said...

That's awesome!! LOL!!!!

Anonymous said...

boys are crazy! although, i went through a goggles phase...every time i rode my bike i "had" to wear my science goggles...i think it was like 4th grade...so TOTALLY inexcusable...