"For God loved the world in this way: He gave His One and Only Son, so that everyone who believes in Him will not perish but have eternal life." John 3:16

Monday, September 22, 2008

Welcome Fall!

Today is the first day of fall! I can hardly believe it, but you can actually feel it all the way in Florida! Even in the heat of the afternoon, my car thermometer said we didn't break 80 degrees. That has to be a first in a very long while. (Now if it would just stop raining...)

A few of my favorite Fall things (in Florida):
  • wearing jeans and not sweating to death before even stepping outside
  • cool evenings and maybe even a few cool days
  • school activities and field trips
  • October - on my top 3 list of favorite months
  • pumpkin patches
  • our candy bowl again being full (it has been dwindling since Easter)
  • not so many creepy crawly things around - particularly reptiles
  • watching late night Packer games with my hubby
  • DARK evenings and LIGHT mornings - how things are suppose to be :)

What are some of your favorite Fall things?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

-dark evenings and light mornings, although I like the light evenings come spring;
-fall rains and the grass is green again;
-beautiful golds and reds against the dark green of the pines;
-brilliant blue cloudless sky;
-I can quit watering the flower pots;
-I can quit weeding the gardens;
-no humidity, crisp air (I'll bet you have to come to Wisconsin for that;
-cool outside, warm and cozy inside;
-less hours spent at DQ;
-more time for grandchildren;
-only 2-3 months until I see my sister again;
-new Bible Study - "Seeking Him" by Nancy Leigh DeMoss;
-much longer quiet time in the morning to seek Him;
-another fresh start with a new school year - how wise of God to know how much we need more than one fresh start each year; and
-I'll keep thinking on why I'm thankful for fall.

Anonymous said...

More reasons why I'm thankful for Fall:
-fresh honeycrisp apples;
-the harvest moon;
-pumpkin pie;
-the lake is clean again;
-spring is only one season away;
-I enjoy cooking and baking again;
-it's homemade soup time;
-I have time to do the "spring cleaning" that I don't have time to do in the spring

This has been good!! I'll keep thinking on why I'm thankful for fall. "The one who offers thanksgiving as his sacrifice glorifies Me." -Psalm 50:23 Thank you for putting the idea out there. I love you!