"For God loved the world in this way: He gave His One and Only Son, so that everyone who believes in Him will not perish but have eternal life." John 3:16

Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Craving Comments :)

I updated my "Currently Reading" List on here and was a little taken back by how small it was. The mental break may be good, but nevertheless, I thought I would try to squeeze a little more involvement out of all of you and ask for some recommendations for books/Bible studies. I am helping organize the new list of spring studies for our church and would love to hear what you all have previously enjoyed. Please share! :)

7 comments:

Tara said...

Do you really want me to leave a list? Or perhaps comment by comment so you can get as much comment crack as you can possibly handle?

First, ANYTHING by Catherine Martin. Truly amazing studies. Her website is www.quiettime.org

Tara said...

Second, Beth Moore's Believing God - but you already know that...

Anonymous said...

I really want to leave you with a phenomenal reccomendation, but all i have been reading recently is the communist manifesto. not joking...

i am, however, excited to glean from the list that gets posted up here!

Anonymous said...

Hm... I can recommend a GREAT study. My Mom wrote it and it will hopefully be available soon in a certain National chain of Christian bookstores. It is a fantastic small group/sunday school study called Healing and Restoring the Heart.
I'll keep you posted on the availability. We are also working on a young adult study as well. :)
Crystal

Mindy said...

Crystal!

PLEASE let me know when that study is available! I would LOVE to read it! Yea for your sweet Mom! Give her a hug from me! :)

Keri said...

I'm in the middle of "Seeking Him" by Nancy Leigh DeMoss which is very good so far and I second Tara's second comment!

Anonymous said...

Hey Min, I would second Keri's recommendation on Seeking Him by Nancy Leigh DeMoss. Also, I would very, very highly recommend three small books by her (actually much of the material is what is in the Seeking Him Bible study): Brokeness, Holiness, Surrender - but only if you're looking to be convicted in every area of your life. They're small, but they pack a BIG punch! And they have study questions at the end of the book which would make it great for a small group. Love ya! See you in about four weeks, Lord willing. -Vicki