"For God loved the world in this way: He gave His One and Only Son, so that everyone who believes in Him will not perish but have eternal life." John 3:16

Thursday, November 8, 2007

Pre Trike-A-Thon Drama

A little while before the Trike-A-Thon, Summer was asking question after question about it as I was tucking her in. Although well aware she was stalling, I patiently answered them as best I could. She knew she had to raise money and she knew she had the ride her bike, but that was about it. One of her first questions went something like this, "Mommy, do I just ride my bike around and people throw money at me? How am I going to catch it all?" I explained how that worked and went on to talk about missionaries (at that time I assumed that is where the money was going.) She knows quite a bit about missionaries, but a reminder is always good. I could see her brain working as the next question came, "Where are the missionaries?" "Africa," I replied. Full blown tears followed almost immediately (even after 5 years, her performances still amaze me) and between sobs, she cried, "I don't think I can ride my bike all the way to Africa!!"

No comments: