"For God loved the world in this way: He gave His One and Only Son, so that everyone who believes in Him will not perish but have eternal life." John 3:16

Friday, February 1, 2008

Hello Out There!

Is anybody still listening? :)

Wow, it is only February 1st but I feel like Christmas was 6 months ago! It has been a wild ride of a month - full to the rim of good and bad. Between sick children and planning 10 Bible studies, I haven't had much time to blog. The Bible studies kicked off this past week (whooohoo!) and (I think) everyone is healthy...so hoping for smooth sailing for a little while.

Poor Summer had a icky bout with pneumonia and she was just starting to feel better when Connor came down with a tummy bug, followed by Chloe...and that was just the past week and a half! All timed, oh so nicely, right along with the start dates of the Bible studies. I am thankful I got to attend both days. It would have killed me (Ok, maybe not killed...more like saddened me) to have put so much planning, time and tears into it and not have been there. I am also thankful for the great team of women that surround me that recognizes my first ministry as my dear children and helped in so many ways!

It has really been an incredible month, though I am at a loss of words to describe it. I have learned/am still learning so much! Being in a leadership position is so completely new to me. I feel so ill-equipped and most times have no clue what I am even doing. But the Lord pulled all of it together in spite of me and is constantly reminding me that leadership isn't always a personality trait - Moses being a huge example of that. I am so grateful for this month - though I have shed a years worth of tears and let out over a hundred squeals of excitement - I wouldn't trade any of it. God is working all around...through the good and the bad. I LOVE seeing His handiwork and excitedly look forward to the finish.

My verse for this New Year has been: "But one thing I do: forgetting what is behind and reaching forward to what is ahead (Heaven!), I pursue as my goal the prize (Jesus!) promised by God's heavenly call in Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:13-14

I hope you all are doing well. Thank you for sticking with me through my break. :)

Blessings to you and your family! Have a happy February!

3 comments:

Tara said...

Yea, you've had a rough go of it, but you're doing great! :)

Marti said...

Still reading! :)

Anonymous said...

Hello, sweet sister. Yes, I am still reading, though it's been more than two weeks since I've been on. I didn't take my computer cruisin' and this past week has been a whirlwind opening DQ. We have a whole new computer/register system to learn. I was whining to John the other day that I feel like I've spent the last 25 years of my life just trying to keep my head above water understanding and using the latest technology. I'm getting too old!!! But I am still reading every chance I get, and still loving what I read - as well as the writer and all those little ones that give her so much to write about! :o)