"For God loved the world in this way: He gave His One and Only Son, so that everyone who believes in Him will not perish but have eternal life." John 3:16

Thursday, February 28, 2008

Spilled Milk

Connor certainly didn’t cry over his spilled milk this morning. Instead he was completely enthralled with it. The spilled milk, poured over our tile, showed up brightly on the dark grout and blended in to the white. It created an “X” of sorts, at least in Connor’s mind.

“Yes, an X” I repeated, as I quickly mopped it up.

“Mommy!!! You can’t do that! That is where the treasure is!!”

Oh, of course. What was I thinking??

Lunch time comes and Connor is eating quietly in the kitchen when all of a sudden he comes running in the living room, “Mommy! I found another treasure!”

You guessed it. More spilled milk. I am quite sure this time it wasn’t an accident. Yet again I used a paper towel to demolish his dreams of finding treasure. Or at least for today.

I hope.

3 comments:

Tara said...

LOL!!!!! Oh, if ONLY there were treasure under spilled milk...*sigh*

Anonymous said...

Kids are so creative. I really love that.

Anonymous said...

HI
My name is Carol Griffis I'm enjoying your blog. I work with Kimberly at Mullinax Ford. I thought you might enjoy my daugher-in-law's blog harmonygriffis.blogspot.com. My son and Harmony are planting a church in Weston,Fl nathangriffis.com theinchurch.org