"For God loved the world in this way: He gave His One and Only Son, so that everyone who believes in Him will not perish but have eternal life." John 3:16

Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Father's Day!!

First things first, I am so excited! I found the perfect T-shirt for Shawn and the kids gave it to him for Father's Day! Not only is it perfect because he is very "adorkable" but it has his picture on it!! He was proud enough to wear it to church this morning despite the Hawaiian shirt contest they had going on for the dads. He was so cute in it and received many comments about how his shirt looked just like him!

We have had a great (however ordinary) day celebrating Shawn! After church we let him pick where to eat - anywhere he wanted. I was fully prepared to be eating wings, but he chose our weekly after-church hangout. We ran into friends and were able to eat together (totally not planned) and ended lunch with a run through pouring down rain (totally not planned). Not a big deal, but so fun. We came home and celebrated some more by all participating in Shawn's favorite thing - relaxing!!

As I type, he walked by me and called out to the kids, "Who wants to wrestle?!" He is currently being attacked by all three and there is screaming, giggling and banging coming from the playroom. I prefer not to know anymore than that. Our dinner plans are the same as any Sunday evening - popcorn and America's Funniest Videos. It has been a pretty typical Sunday but sometimes those are the most enjoyable.

As my Daddy always says, "You don't have to be a father to have a Happy Father's Day!" So hope ALL of you (father or not) had a great day as well!

2 comments:

Tara said...

You have a wise daddy! Sounds like a great day!

Marti said...

I've been reading a lot of tributes to dads today. I'm thankful there are so many great guys out there who are INVOLVED with their families. And I'm super thankful that we each got one of those guys. :)