"For God loved the world in this way: He gave His One and Only Son, so that everyone who believes in Him will not perish but have eternal life." John 3:16

Thursday, June 5, 2008

Summer Is Here!

Reasons I am excited about summer vacation:
  • lazy mornings lounging in pj's and watching the Disney channel together
  • getting up with everyone else, instead of getting everyone else up
  • not such a rushed bedtime routine, not having to worry about Summer being in bed by 8 or her being a bear in the morning
  • lack of schedule in general - not that i would want to constantly live like that, but a break from routine is refreshing
  • not have to wake my sleeping baby girl from nap to go pick up my big girl from school
  • more family time
  • more time for friends
  • all day trips to Grandma and Grandpa's
  • park days
  • pool days
  • ice cream for dinner days
  • VBS
  • staying up late finishing a good novel
  • playing outside all morning and watching a movie during the heat of the day
  • quick, easy, summer-time meals
  • and two kids in school come August :)

I pick up Summer at noon today and summer vacation begins! Our first order of business is a promised trip to Target for a new outside toy in celebration of school being out! We will come home and Chloe can nap as long as she wants and the other two can play. I have been dreaming of this day for weeks now! On the dinner menu are BBQ sandwiches (from left over chicken), pasta salad and baked beans. The whole thing is music to my ears! I will let you know if it feels as lovely as it sounds... :)

UPDATE: It is 11:30 and I am headed out in a few to get my big girl from her last day of school. However, my sick, medicated baby girl decided to trade her 1:00 nap time for a 10:00 nap today. Yep, she is sound asleep and it looks like I am going to have to wake her. AND not sure if that long afternoon nap I had planned for her today is going to happen either. Oh, well, I am still determined to enjoy my day...even if Chloe did laugh at my plans.

No comments: