"For God loved the world in this way: He gave His One and Only Son, so that everyone who believes in Him will not perish but have eternal life." John 3:16

Thursday, June 19, 2008

Two Weeks Ago Today...

My house was clean as I headed out the door to pick up Summer from her last day of school. I was super excited - remember? And yes, even though all never goes as planned, we have had lots of fun and made lots of memories. So far we have...
  • painted our driveway many beautiful colors of chalk paint
  • played at two different parks
  • ate a whole box of pop-sicles
  • went to a baseball game
  • visited a small church carnival up the road - complete with pony rides, bouncy houses, games and prizes
  • been to church more times than I count - between regular church services, bible studies and VBS meetings
  • spent a whole day at Grandma and Grandpa's - a theme park in itself
  • went to Chick-fil-a on kid's night - I don't remember the last time I laughed so hard! That might have to be a post all its own...
  • celebrated Nicole's graduation!
  • drove downtown to see a Winnie the Pooh play
  • made our own jello cups including whip cream and sprinkles!
  • grown a homemade Chia Pet - and Summer gave hers a haircut - are you surprised?
  • had a slumber party...this was rather brave of us. We pulled out the bed in the playroom and let Summer and Connor "sleep" in there. I think all was finally quiet around 11:30pm!
  • we have had friends over to play
  • and have went to friends houses to play
  • Cut my hair off! Summer did NOT do it, tho she asked to (pictures coming soon...)

Needless to say, after all that my house was no longer clean! When my sweet sister-in-law (ahem, Karen) called yesterday to reschedule our plans we had made for today, I looked around and declared it a "Cleaning Day!" I gave the kids fair warning as they went to bed last night. In the morning we were waking up and cleaning!! I had little lists all ready for them and we got busy first thing. I am not finished (are you ever finished cleaning?) but I must say, I feel much better with my freshly dusted rooms and shiny floor.

It didn't happen without temptation, however. 8:15 this morning my phone rings and a dear friend invites me to the pool for the day. Tempting...oh, so tempting. I told her the truth, as sad as that was. My house was in shambles and after Shawn asked me last night if I was ever going to sweep again, I promised him I would clean TODAY.

So I did and it feels good! Maybe not as good as the pool, but good enough.

No comments: