"For God loved the world in this way: He gave His One and Only Son, so that everyone who believes in Him will not perish but have eternal life." John 3:16

Monday, December 31, 2007

A Connor Funny

Reflecting on Christmas Eve...

We went over to my parents to eat and then say goodbye to my sister, her husband and my brother, Gary. I wasn't expecting this, but I lost it - blubbered all over the place. We got in the car and as I was trying to pull myself together and focus on the fun night ahead with the kids, Connor peeped up in the back.

"Mommy, you sad?"

"Yes...a little bit."

"I will pray for you, OK?" (If you haven't yet figured out, Connor is our pray-er...prays about anything and everything - I love it!)

"OK"

"Dear Jesus, please help Mommy not be sick anymore (I guess he threw that in there from past experience) and help her stop fussing..."

I lost it again, but this time giggling instead of tears. I had just said something similar to him at Grandma's house.

I didn't want to leave, but Connor was being naughty and I also didn't want him to ruin the night for anyone else...so we headed out...and the tears came...

So now, the wound he had unknowingly help create he was unknowingly helping mend. So typical of my little man. He can bring you to tears in frustration and then have you laughing hysterically the next minute.

Hmmmm...maybe that's called survival.

No comments: