"For God loved the world in this way: He gave His One and Only Son, so that everyone who believes in Him will not perish but have eternal life." John 3:16

Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Happy Birthday, Jesus!

And Merry Christmas, everyone!

We have had a wonderfully quiet day. After a month full of Christmas parties and week full of family, today our house was calm (well, as calm as a house gets with three excited little ones running about). We have made countless memories the past couple days and I am a little overwhelmed at where to start posting pictures. So for now I am just going to sit in the quiet of Christmas and reflect on today.

In keeping with our tradition, we took care of the gift opening last night. There are three reasons I prefer to it this way. One, that is how my family did it growing up so it seems "normal" to me. Two, it saves Christmas Day for Jesus. Just as my parents did with me, we haven't told our kids Santa brings presents on Christmas. We give and receive presents at this time because we remember the Best Gift that God gave us when He gave us Baby Jesus. We make it fun, but we strive to keep it simple. And I pray, that in all we do, we remember it is all about Him. My third reason, we get to sleep in Christmas morning. After a late night of playing, the kids usually cooperate quite well. This morning the first one was up at 9...oh, precious sleep! Daddy and Mommy's favorite gift.

All that to say, that our day began just as it is ending...lazy and quiet. We have played, we have ate, we have cuddled and we have napped. It was a beautiful, simple day. I have relished all of it.

I hope you have as well. Merry Christmas!

And of course, Happy Birthday, Jesus! I am so glad You came!

No comments: