"For God loved the world in this way: He gave His One and Only Son, so that everyone who believes in Him will not perish but have eternal life." John 3:16

Thursday, December 27, 2007

Family Christmas

Today we said the last of our goodbyes to family that has been visiting for the holidays. I guess I should start catching up on all the activities.

Here are some pics from our family Christmas at Brian and Karen's house on the 23rd.
Uncle Larry and Aunt Vivian made a surprise visit down here. We hadn't seen them in years! What a wonderful Christmas gift!
I think this is the blog debut of my new hair. It only took me a little over a year to figure out the strange texture of my hair since having Chloe was actually curls. I had been using straightening shampoo, conditioner and leave in cream and still only getting frizz. Finally, one day, I left all that out and low and behold - curls! At least curls to me...after having pin straight hair my whole life! Oh, yea and the color is new too...that would be one of my Christmas presents to my husband. When he met me he fell in love with my accidental blond hair (thanks, Debbie! :)) and every once in a while, I bring it back for him. It never lasts long though because I get tired of the upkeep. Whew, I could have done one whole post on just my hair!
Chloe's new word and favorite thing - "baby". She says it so cute, going way high pitched on the last syllable. This baby in particular has become her new comfort item. A must have for bedtime and is dragged around the house with her most of the time. Maybe it is because they kinda look alike...blue eyes and bald. :)

All the "kids" before breaking out the presents! Uncle Larry and Chloe became fast friends. He took her to admire the tree and then around to get snacks. She loved him! "The Five Kids" We haven't all been together like this since 1984...that would have made me six. A little overdue, I would say.

All of us and Mom and Dad. This was definitely a Christmas to remember. Our little family. I feel like I need to explain Connor's attire...we brought the kids in their pj's since it would be past their bedtime when we left for home. Connor had spilled on his pj top so I changed him, but you never know when "something" could happen on the lower end, so I didn't change his bottoms...thus the mix-matched jammies. I guess, I could have kept it short and just said Shawn dressed him. :)

Auntie Vickie and Connor were about instant buddies. In fact, I thought she was going to take him home with her...but she left and somehow he is still here...hmmm...

Daddy's girls...but of course, I am the favorite. ;)

Oh! I love him! (The video camera would have been so much better for this!) I walked in on the guys discussing video games...something about shooting and what-not...all the while Shawn was holding a baby doll?
The girls busied themselves with crafts nearly the whole night.
A self-portrait. Oh! I love him too!
When we got home we allowed the kids to each pick one new toy to take to bed with them. Summer's choice...Connor's choice...are you surprised?
Then straight to bed they went. We had a BIG day the next day...those pics to come soon.

While they were sleeping, Shawn did this... :) :)!!!!

2 comments:

Jodi said...

Ooooo, I better not tell Ethan that my mom found a new boyfriend. ;)

Thanks for the pictures; wish we could have been there.

Marti said...

My hair turned curly while I was pregnant with Boo. Must be in our genes. :) I hate it, though, because it's only curly in back. At least it could be the same all over!

Glad you could all be together for Christmas!