"For God loved the world in this way: He gave His One and Only Son, so that everyone who believes in Him will not perish but have eternal life." John 3:16

Saturday, December 15, 2007

Missing Home

“Whom have I in Heaven but You? And earth has nothing I desire besides You.” Psalm 73:25

This week has been a bit of sad one. I have seen my parents mourning the death of their dog. Just a dog, I know…but after 15 years with her, their home just isn’t the same yet without her.

One of my dearest friends lost her grandfather this week. He is home with Jesus, but she is here and her heart hurts.

We were close to witnessing a fatal accident Wednesday night. We passed the scene shortly after it happened on the way to a Christmas party… a body of a 17 year old girl, hit by two cars, lying in the road.

It was all more than enough to make me hit my knees later that night. I am so ready to go home. None of this affected me directly, but I see the affects it has on others. I know I can’t live in this world a lifetime without death’s pain stabbing my own heart. Living here just plain hurts.

It’s not the way things were suppose to be, you know? We were created to live forever. We were made for eternity. And now more than ever before, but probably not more than I ever will, my spirit groans within me…I miss my home…the One I was created for.

Jesus, I want to be where You are. May Your Kindgom come…now please?! I am ready for no more tears, no more death, no more crying, no more pain. Oh, Lord, I am ready!

Are you?

“The Lord does not delay His promise, as some understand delay, but is patient with you, not wanting any to perish, but all to come to repentance.”
2 Peter 3:9

1 comment:

Tara said...

That final Scripture you posted says it all, Mindy...