"For God loved the world in this way: He gave His One and Only Son, so that everyone who believes in Him will not perish but have eternal life." John 3:16

Friday, April 11, 2008

Five Things

This is a much delayed tag post from Tara. Sweet Tara, you probably think I forgot...truth be known, this took some thought. Most of the thought fell under the "do I really want to share these things?" category. Well, here I am throwing caution to the wind and sharing five little known things about myself...

1. I gave birth (yes all three times) with a towel over my head. I know at least two of my readers - who witnessed this - are enjoying this moment. :) Let me try to explain... When it came time for Summer to arrive, my sheer panic paralyzed me. I was completely useless...couldn't get passed the reflection of myself in the TV and my doctor's glasses. "Somebody get me towel!" I yelled. Over my head it went and I could once again function enough to push. Twenty minutes later, we had a baby girl. Seemed to work well. Soooo...the next two times, whenever it came time for the nurse to ask if I wanted a mirror, I would feel that panic again..."No, but a towel, please." :)

2. For awhile in high school (and maybe college?) I was a vegetarian. For no other reason other than I didn't like meat. I still could do without it for the most part. Except for bacon...mmmm...I love me some bacon!

3. I haven't always been a Packer fan (gasp!). I had rebellious streak (again during high school and college) and switched over to the cowboys (what was I thinking??). At the time, I guess it was just more fun to have some competition going around the house. Shawn was the one who brought me back to my roots. I met him, settled down and dug out my cheese head.

4. My absolute favorite thing is to have my toes pinched. I have no idea when this started. I have fond memories of laying down on the floor by my dad's chair with my feet up in his lap so he could pinch them. Now the responsibility has fallen to Shawn. Wow, he really loves me, huh?

5. I have to (yes, HAVE TO) make my bed everyday (yes, EVERYDAY). I can not function well if I don't begin my day by making the bed. Granted, the rest of the house can be in complete chaos, but if my bed is made...all is well in my little world.

Whew! I actually did it. Well, that should make up for my lack of posting for awhile. :) I tag...anyone! Even if you don't have a blog, I would love to read your answers in a comment!

2 comments:

Tara said...

Hahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!! You told about the towel!!!! Oh I'm laughing so hysterically right now. I can't believe you ACTUALLY blogged about it. I'm SO impressed. I still giggle about that one. And you know Dr. M will never forget you. :) Those were great! Thanks for sharing and participating!

Anonymous said...

i am laughing hysterically at the toe pinching! that is so funny! mindy, i am really glad you posted this!!!