"For God loved the world in this way: He gave His One and Only Son, so that everyone who believes in Him will not perish but have eternal life." John 3:16

Saturday, April 12, 2008

Living Proof Live! Day 2

Day 2...I have to admit it is a bit foggy. Despite the night before, I still dragged myself into my seat at 7:30 am and tried not to fall asleep while waiting for it to start. After a late night of talking with a dear friend (so fun!) I then laid awake (so NOT fun) until the wee hours of the morning.

But praise God for notes! My notes from this day have changed my life - I am not exaggerating (right now at least). I read them often and they really had altered my perception on my daily life. So, it is from them I will share...

What God has called you to do is beyond you. No kidding...boy, do I know this to be true.

What holds us back from taking hold of what God has for us?

1. Dread - daily rehearsing every advance defeat. It is unbelief. It counters the grace of God. It disbelieves that God's grace will not be given in our time of need. My toes are still hurting from this one, but I so needed to hear this. Remember my obsession with manna? This reminded me...I have to believe that God will be there to meet my needs in my time of need. I can not store the manna I need for tomorrow today. I have caught myself in dread more times than I can count since last Saturday. I never realized just how many hours I spend in worry. So sad. What a huge waste of time.

2. Comparison - we get distracted by what is beside us. We compare feelings. We compare callings. Ouch again. My future is in front of me...not behind me and not beside me either. I have my own calling. The body of Christ working together...each doing their own part, utilizing their own gifts...and the resurrection power available to us. We could change the world (again, NOT exaggerating). We really could. We compare hardships. If God were to give me a new passion in my sphere of influence, could I handle it? If I don't embrace my hardships, I suffer in vain. They are designed to bring God glory. I pray I will gather my manna as I need this and glorify God in all things...

3. Conflict - move on...literally.

4. Difficulty - its not about what you are dreading, it is about what IS...it is about your reality. Is your reality "killing" you? God will raise the dead. Resurrection power is available to you everyday...one day at a time. He will give you what you need. He will be strong for you.

This day held some difficult lessons...but good ones, indeed.

My most favorite part and something I long for everyday...

What happens at the finish line?
"...but our citizenship is in Heaven, from which we also eagerly wait for a Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ." (Philippians 3:20)

1. A new city! A real life city!
"For he was looking forward to the city that has foundations, whose architect and builder is God." (Hebrews 11:10)

2. A new body! Christ took on ours, so we can take on His.
"He will transform the body of our humble condition into the likeness of His glorious body, by the power that enables Him to subject everything to Himself." (Philippians 3:21)

3. A new home!

4. Jesus' face!!!!!
"They will see His face..." (Revelation 22:4)

What more can I say?

Thank you, Lord!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Min, I registered for "Living Proof" in Minneapolis, to be held on July 18 and 19. If you take a notion and want to go again, come on up!!! :o) I am very much looking forward to it!