"For God loved the world in this way: He gave His One and Only Son, so that everyone who believes in Him will not perish but have eternal life." John 3:16

Thursday, April 10, 2008

Living Proof Live! Day 1

Two weeks ago I had the awesome privilege of attending a Living Proof Live event with Beth Moore. I have started numerous posts to try to sum it up, but words beyond "amazing" fail me. Amazing...amazing...amazing...

I spent the days before the conference pleading earnestly for God to meet me there. My prayers were not ones of a saint...my heart was ugly, far from loving, angry even. I pleaded with God because I knew I didn't deserve Him...but I also knew I desperately needed Him. Praise God for His grace...that gives you not what you deserve but what you need...and more.

He met me there. Actually, I think He was there waiting...waiting for all 14,500 of us.

Before Beth ever touched the stage, my heart leaped as I read this verse on the screen:

"Not that I have already reached the goal or am already fully mature, but I make every effort to take hold of it because I also have been taken hold of by Christ Jesus. Brothers, I do not consider myself to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: forgetting what is behind and reaching forward to what is ahead. I pursue as my goal the prize promised by God's heavenly call in Christ Jesus." (Philippians 12-14)

At that moment, I knew God had kept our date - in spite of me. You see, I felt God give me that verse earlier this year (I even mentioned it here) when my heart was so longing for Heaven I wanted to go NOW. He put this verse in my heart and I have clung to it often. Not that my desire for Heaven is wrong, I still earnestly desire to be where He is, but I cling to this verse to remind me I have reasons to run...to finish this race and to finish strong.

But I did anything but run into that conference that Friday night I was stumbling the whole way.

"What do you want Me to do for you?" (Matthew 20:32) Jesus, please give me a reason to run!

Boy, did He ever...

Just a few highlights - bits and pieces - of that first amazing night I never want to forget...

"I pray also that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know the hope to which he has called you, the riches of his glorious inheritance in the saints, and his incomparably great power for us who believe. That is like the working of his mighty strength, which he exerted in Christ when he raised him from the dead and seated him at his right hand in the heavenly realms..." (Ephesians 1:18-20)

When will I get this...really get this? I have resurrection power available to me every day...every single, ordinary day. It's available, but do I tap into it? What would happen if I did?

"Forgetting what is behind..." Whatever God has for me is not behind me... I am going to go where I am looking... Face forward!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I ask the same thing, dear sister. When will I really get this??!!! Oh, if Christians across the world would "get it," we could turn the world upside down. We should be! I love you and am praying for you to grow quickly in this area of "really getting it." Please do the same for me.