"For God loved the world in this way: He gave His One and Only Son, so that everyone who believes in Him will not perish but have eternal life." John 3:16

Wednesday, July 2, 2008

It's Just an Overview...Really!

OK, I have some updating to do! I have a ton...and I mean ton that I want to get up here. For your sake and mine it will not be one post. But I am praying I actually get it done because God's fingerprints have been all over it. Much of it I am still thinking through...still marveling at. But I believe it is all worth telling and most assuredly worth me remembering.

First, I must ashamedly admit that today was my first cleaning day again since the last time I posted. Oh, sure there have been bits and pieces picked up here and there but it has not been CLEANED. Life happened and so it all waited...the beauty of housework.

Last Sunday...the 22nd, I think? VBS began. I led the four year old room and Shawn taught in the first grade boys. It was an exciting week. VBS was bigger and better than ever! 600+ kids...somewhere around $5,000 raised for a missionary family in Chad...and 24 decisions made for Christ! Whooohooo!! Our whole family had an absolute blast on Outrigger Island!

Thursday was a planned errand and packing day. I had planned for months to attend the Deeper Still conference in Atlanta with some girlfriends. We were leaving early Friday morning.

Early Thursday morning, Chloe starts to throw up...and she doesn't stop until she finally falls asleep late Thursday night. I sat in tears as I convinced myself that I shouldn't go to the conference but stay home with my very sick little girl. After being awake all night going back and forth on what I should do, I finally got up at 6 am and showered and started to pack just in case she seemed better. I woke her up and fed her breakfast and she seemed to be doing great. So I left a couple hours later. Checked on her OFTEN and every time got a good report from Shawn. Yea!! I was so excited to be going and so excited my little girl seemed to feeling good!

At the conference, during the second song Friday night, I heard my cell phone ringing. It was Shawn. He just wanted me to know that Chloe had just puked...a lot...all over him. But everything was fine, he said, not to worry. Thanks, honey, for letting me know. :)

Saturday I am going to save for later.

Sunday - I had returned home in the wee hours of the morning and so we decided to sleep in. Turned out to be a VERY good thing, because by afternoon my sweet Chloe was again going downhill. She finally went to sleep around 10:00 after completely emptying her stomach. She fell asleep on our living room floor.

Monday morning - she wakes up but doesn't move. She has a completely dry diaper and is not keeping down anything - even the tiniest sip of Gatorade. By afternoon we are headed to the doctor.

The doctor sends us on to the hospital. Chloe is indeed dehydrated. From the ER we are told we will be there the night at least - until she starts peeing and keeping down some food.

We were able to leave last night. Praise God! My sweet girl is her silly self again. Playing...eating...peeing (I have never been so thankful to change diapers!)

There is so much more to all of this. My trip...the conference...Chloe...I will share more in the coming days. Right now I just sit completely grateful for so many things. My home, my husband - who has played Mr. Mom more in the last couple of days than the rest of the year and yet never once complained, my healthy kids, my God who makes Himself known to me and who is the Giver of all things good, my amazing church family and friends, their support and their prayers, my sweet mom who sat all day with me in the hospital.

I can't help but wonder where we would be if God wasn't with us? To Him be all the glory!

Today was a beautiful day of being home...cleaning, resting, chatting with people I love dearly. More to come...

No comments: