"For God loved the world in this way: He gave His One and Only Son, so that everyone who believes in Him will not perish but have eternal life." John 3:16

Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Copeland

"Rejoice in hope; be patient in affliction; be persistent in prayer." Romans 12:12

My friend directed me to this blog yesterday and I have found it difficult to separate myself from it. My heart is heavy with prayers for this family. Shawn is feeling much of same. He calls home solely to ask me to check for an update.

I have debated for hours on whether to post this here...it is unbelievably hard to read and I don't want to bring heartache to anyone that was unprepared for it. Some of you may already be aware of this family but for those that are not...basically, this family gave birth a week ago to a precious little girl with Trisomy - 18. She has survived her first week but they don't know how much longer she will make it. If you do decide to read, read with caution and a Kleenex. And if you feel led, join me in praying...

Obviously, I finally decided to post it. Mainly because, through this precious little life, lessons I have learned recently in my head begin to take root in my heart. I don't want to forget what treasures I found hidden in the words of this sweet family. So I post this for me (as ironic as that may sound) with a prayer that I will remain changed...that I will not forget...
  • that God doesn't fit in my box. He is so far beyond me and in the waters of His sovereignty, I will never touch the bottom. yet...
  • He is okay with my honest questions.
  • that I would attempt not to fear the unknown but trust even in the deepest despair God gives joy and He gives you what you need to make it through that day.
  • to cherish my family each day and relish each breath given. and finally...
  • that in searching for God, He can be found most clearly in the lives of the weak and humble.

So, guard you heart and if you chose to do so, read on...

http://conorbootheandgirls.blogspot.com/2007_09_01_archive.html

1 comment:

Marti said...

Just started reading their story a few days ago, too. It's neat to see how many Christians connect through the blog world and can pray for each other.