"For God loved the world in this way: He gave His One and Only Son, so that everyone who believes in Him will not perish but have eternal life." John 3:16

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Love Letter From God

I received just that yesterday in the form of several emails from dear friends and family. After spending much of the evening nervously preparing for my Bible study I was to lead, I went to check my email. I had an email from the leader of our women's ministry at church. It was full of words of encouragement, thanks and a reminder that she is praying for me. My heart swelled with joy...I felt so blessed. I clicked out of the email and back into my inbox. Another new email was waiting. This time it was from my previous Bible study leader. She too was emailing me to let me know she was praying, reminding me God was with me and everything would go great. Tears filled my eyes as I read her sweet words. I thanked God for these people that have only recently come into my life but have left permanent imprints. Clicking out of that email and back into my inbox one more time, my mouth dropped open at yet another email. This one was from my mother-in-law. Trust me when I say, she has seen me at my absolute worst. Hormones raging, crying and whining and she still loves me! Her loving words left me speechless and the tears that had pooled in my eyes moments before now ran freely down my cheeks. I can't remember feeling so loved...so prayed for. The timing of those emails was such a God-thing. A peace filled me as I felt as if each of those emails had come straight from my Lord. I left this morning to go facilitate my Bible study with little bitty butterflies in my belly and huge, jahonkin peace. I felt so lifted up and God was with me... I know that I am going to get way more out of it this than I will give. I feel so ill equipped to serve these women. I struggle ridiculously with insecurities and self-worth issues on a daily basis. Praise God, He works in spite of that!

1 comment:

Tara said...

Gotta love that huge, jahonkin peace! LOL :)

That's so awesome, Mindy! I'm SO stinkin' proud of you, if a best friend can say that of another best friend. :)