"For God loved the world in this way: He gave His One and Only Son, so that everyone who believes in Him will not perish but have eternal life." John 3:16

Wednesday, September 19, 2007

God With Us

I am studying the tabernacle through a couple different sources and I am thoroughly captivated. I stand in utter amazement that the holy God of the universe went to such great lengths to dwell among us. And I am not just speaking of the tabernacle, but His continued persistence to go after us. From going after Adam in the garden of Eden, to making a way to dwell with the Israelites in the wilderness, to sending His Son into the world to live among us and then giving us the Holy Spirit to reside in us. Is His story not amazing?

I have been left speechless by the depth of each detail of the tabernacle. I would love to record all my thoughts on here if I can ever get them all together. It is just so way beyond me, what little I grasp I stand with my mouth gaped open. Everything means something and every word points to One. It truly is all about Jesus. The entire construction foretells of the Messiah. He is seen in the wooden altar. He is seen in the sacrifice. In the candlestick, in the veil, in the Ark of the Covenant and inside the ark in the manna – all pictures of Him. I know there is so much more… My fingers can’t keep up to my thoughts and my thoughts can’t keep up to God’s remarkable Word.

I am going to work on putting some of my thoughts on paper…or computer rather. I will have to do it a little at a time or I am afraid my finite mind will explode. Please forgive my obsession with this particular subject. And please feel free to talk back. I would love to hear any information you have to add to my ramblings.

“The Word became flesh and took up residence* among us.” John 1:14
*literally translated "and tabernacled"

No comments: