"For God loved the world in this way: He gave His One and Only Son, so that everyone who believes in Him will not perish but have eternal life." John 3:16

Saturday, July 5, 2008

50 Questions On a Long Car Ride

So after a night of no sleep and much prayer, I decided I ironically felt the most peace by leaving my sick girl and husband. Something I believe with all my heart was God. Anyone who knows me, knows I don't leave my family often - much less when they are sick. My heart ached, but it was peaceful. I knew God had big things in store for me at Deeper Still and all that was keeping me home was fear.

I trusted God more in that moment than I had in a long time, as I kissed my family goodbye and forced myself to focus on what was ahead of me. I had no idea how mightily God would show up! Both at the conference and at home - His protective hand was over my baby and my heart. I really can't wait to tell you all about my time in Atlanta!

But for now, I thought it would be a fun thing to share some questions my sweet friend, Susan handed to the four of us on our drive there. Let me explain...Susan does NOTHING half way. Whether planning a women's ministry event (grand enough to be a wedding reception), having us over for a play date, or driving to Atlanta...she is sure to make sure she did everything she could to make it special.

Not far into our drive she gives her three passengers little baggies full of "essentials" for the trip: gum, chocolate, tissues, granola bar, tracks (I have learned so much from her and her passion for the lost), a memory verse for us to learn on our way, and 50 questions to ask each other to keep the conversation moving (as if it needed help). Nevertheless, I found it quite entertaining to hear every one's answers and share my own.

Here they are - all 50 questions (and my answers!)! I would love to read your own answers on your blog if you feel so led. :)
  1. What time did you get up this morning? 7:30
  2. Diamonds or Pearls? diamonds
  3. What was the last film you saw at a theater? some movie I went to see with girls from church...I didn't pick it, nor like it enough to remember the name, but I am sure it is out on DVD by now...just to give you a ball park on how long it has been.
  4. What are your favorite websites? blogs...too many of them and Oneplace.com
  5. What did you have for breakfast? toast
  6. What is your middle name? Marie
  7. Favorite cuisine? Chinese - close second Mexican
  8. What food do you dislike? most seafood
  9. What is your favorite CD at the moment? The Lamb has Overcome by Travis Cottrell
  10. Favorite scripture verse? I know this is probably cheating, but I am loving the entire book of Philippians right now.
  11. Favorite lunch? Sunday lunches after church
  12. What is your biggest pet peeve? arrogance
  13. Favorite past-time? reading
  14. If you could go anywhere in the world on vacation, where would you go? anywhere in the world!
  15. Who is your favorite worship singer(s)? Passion worship singers and the Beth Moore worship team
  16. When and how did you begin your relationship with Christ? At age 5, I asked my mom about it after coming home from VBS.
  17. What is your favorite color? pink
  18. To where would you retire? does Heaven count? other than that at this point in my life, I have no idea...
  19. What was your most memorable birthday? 21st...I think...
  20. Favorite sports to watch? Football or the Olympics
  21. Favorite book of the Bible? Other than Philippians...Psalms maybe? I am really in love with that whole Book!
  22. If you could witness any Old Testament story, what would it be? Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego
  23. Favorite Gospel? John
  24. Goal you have for yourself? to spend more time in prayer
  25. When is your birthday? Nov 4
  26. How many weddings have you been in, including your own? 3
  27. Are you a morning person or a night person? night
  28. What is your shoe size? 7
  29. Pets? nada...I am standing firm on this, at least until all the kids are potty trained
  30. What did you want to be when you were little? a teacher or a missionary
  31. Who do you think prayed for you to accept Christ? my parents, my sister, my aunt Helen
  32. What is your favorite candy? chocolate!!!
  33. What is your favorite plant or flower? daisy...bet you didn't know that one! :)
  34. What day on the calendar are you looking forward to? Shawn's vacation...not sure when just yet
  35. Where is the furthest you have been from home? China
  36. A small thing you really enjoy? cuddling
  37. What is your favorite book? the Bible
  38. What are you most proud of? my husband and how hard he works to provide for the 5 of us
  39. What is your biggest surprise in parenting? the things that come out of my kid's mouths
  40. What makes you cringe? witnessing pain in others
  41. If you could do anything, what would you do? write a book, be bolder with the gospel
  42. Where have you been that you will visit again? good question...but so unknown
  43. Where have you been that you will never visit again? from experience, if I say I will never visit there again...I will
  44. What is your favorite movie? Narnia, I guess?
  45. Favorite female Bible character? Mary Magdalene
  46. Favorite male Bible character? Other than Jesus I am assuming...John
  47. When you look at the world, what do you see? beauty despite the curse
  48. Cats or dogs? dogs...or rather a dog
  49. Other than seeing Christ, what excites you the most about Heaven? so many things...being free of sin, the "forever-ness" of it, sharing it with so many and getting to know them all, worshiping God in everything I do, eating...just to name a few
  50. Something people probably don't know about you? lately I have become rather obsessed with my hair
And one bonus question - What excites you most about attending the Deeper Still event? the worship time was my answer before the event...and I must say, it blew away any expectations! Amazing!!!!

Still more to come...

No comments: