"For God loved the world in this way: He gave His One and Only Son, so that everyone who believes in Him will not perish but have eternal life." John 3:16

Thursday, July 3, 2008

Any Recommendations?

As part of the "Summer Sharing" I began a while back, I am curious to see if you have any good recommendations for some fiction? Summer is my favorite time of year to stay up way too late finishing a good book. My favorite fiction books have some substance...love a good Christian novel that helps me love the Lord even more. Know of any?

Here are a few of my own:

  • At the top of my list is Safely Home by Randy Alcorn - brings back many fond memories of my China experience as well as gives great perspective on why we are here.
  • I also have been enjoying the newest Thoene series - the A.D Chronicles
  • And too hard to pick just one Francine Rivers book - I love them all!
  • At the top of my "to read" list is The Shack by William P. Young. I have heard a ton of good about this book from trustworthy people saying you can not look at God the same after reading it. However, the reviews are a bit controversial...any one read it?

1 comment:

Tara said...

I would love to read some of Randy Alcorn's fiction books, and maybe some of Ted Dekker's, and some more Thoene books as well. Like you, I love Francine River's books, SO good. I'm not much into tragic fiction - storylines that leave me feeling yuck - so like you stated, Christian fiction that leaves me feeling hope and loving the Lord even more is wonderful. Recommendations? Hmmmm...I'd love to hear more about The Shack, certainly. I saw we take a girls' night out and venture to the bookstore!