"For God loved the world in this way: He gave His One and Only Son, so that everyone who believes in Him will not perish but have eternal life." John 3:16

Friday, June 22, 2007

The Day Finally Came

After a good two months of toothache, the day finally arrived for my oral surgery. I went in at 11:30 this morning and was home by 1:30 this afternoon. I went from feeling no pain, to quite a bit of pain as the numbness wore off, and then back to doing well again - thanks to some strong but great meds. If this doesn't make complete sense, please forgive me. I am happy to report that I was out the whole time and therefore, only had one opportunity to freak...well, maybe two...

Freak Number 1. When the nurse called my name to go to the back. I looked at Shawn as if to say, "Do I really have to go?" He took my hand and squeezed it and said that it would be OK. I believed him and went.

Freak Number 2. When it came time to do the IV...HATE those things with a passion! The first time I ever had one, I was in the hospital due to dehydration (pregnant and puking) and the nurse had three, painful, failed attempts before my blessed MIL (labor and delivery nurse) finally was able to get in - on the first try, I might add. Ever since then, the thought of an IV makes me cringe...or on this occasion cry. The doctor did this one and apologized as he saw the tears forming. He assured me it would be quick and it was. It was actually close to painless. I praised God for that and closed my eyes and went to sleep.

Now, I am home and hoping that with each day I will be feeling lots better. I am thankful to finally have that tooth out of my head. Shawn has been taking great care of me...and all the kids. He is gone now fetching me sweet potato casserole from Boston Market...oh, yum! I haven't ate yet, but that has to go over great.

Thank you to everyone praying "brave" prayers over me. I didn't run and I didn't need a towel...praise God!

1 comment:

Tara said...

Dang! And I had a monogrammed towel all ready to go for you! Hehe... In all seriousness, I'm so glad this overwith and that you are on your way to feeling better! Its been a tough year for you and you've been quite the trooper!