"For God loved the world in this way: He gave His One and Only Son, so that everyone who believes in Him will not perish but have eternal life." John 3:16

Friday, June 15, 2007

What Next?

My dear, 4 year-old daughter has floored me lately with the her new vocabulary. I must admit, I am not thrilled about it. If it were September I would be blaming these things on kindergarten. But it is June and she has been home with me constantly, aside from church activities. I must also let you know that we have talked about the "questionable" words and helped her find a more appropriate word to replace them. So far each of them have only been one time occurances...so far. Some of them I know, sadly are in my own vocabulary. They didn't seem so bad until I heard them come out of a 4 year-old mouth.

Last week, Grandma was here visiting and Connor was dancing for her when Summer questioned, "What the heck is he doing?" Grandma wasn't sure she heard right so she asked Summer what she said...she repeated it.

I believe it was the next day, I asked Summer to clean up her mess from the living room. She carried all her things back into her room. She returned to find one last thing that she forgot to put away, to which she exclaims, "Oh, snap!" (THAT one, I know for sure she did not hear in this house!)

I was getting ready for Bible study of all things and Summer was play talking on the phone in the next room when I hear, "Don't screw with me." My jaw still hasn't went back into place.

Tonight, I had a "Chick Night" at church so Shawn took the kids to McDonald's for dinner. Summer has been wanting to see the movie "Surf's Up" and apparently that is the new toy in the Happy Meals. She was showing it to me and said, "When I opened the bag and saw it, I freaked out!"

All these things in a little over a week! Please, someone tell me that this happens to them too!! If she is saying all these things now...what is going to happen when she starts school? I am afraid...very afraid!

1 comment:

Tara said...

So how did the day turn out?