"For God loved the world in this way: He gave His One and Only Son, so that everyone who believes in Him will not perish but have eternal life." John 3:16

Thursday, May 24, 2007

Blue Shoe, Black Shoe

Yep, that was me for half the day yesterday...completely oblivious that my shoes didn't match. I rushed out the door like I always do when I have to be somewhere at a certain time. I am sure you moms understand (or at least I am hoping you do!) Connor wanted to put his own socks on, so I tried to wait patiently all the while watching the clock. Whew! He gets done, socks on, shoes on. Now, to check on Summer (who also likes to "do it myself")...she has on a cute pink outfit and bright blue socks pulled up to her knees with pink shoes on. Oh, this isn't going to work! So I get her socks changed, as the phone rings. Grab Chloe, put her in the carrier, run to my room and into my dark closet and slip on a pair of my many flip flops (yes, it is an obsession!), hang up the phone and out the door I go. We meet Auntie Debbie for her birthday lunch, back home for a quick poopy diaper change and then to Target. Oh, but we didn't actually get to go in Target because as soon as I get ALL the kids out of the car, I realize when I ran in the house "real quick", I must have taken the diaper bag and now LEFT IT THERE. The diaper bag holds my wallet, money, driver license, everything! I had the car keys, and the phone so I called Shawn as I headed home, nearly in tears. "I didn't want to go to Target by myself with all three kids anyway!" But Chloe was nearly out of food. I wasn't sure if she would make it until Shawn got home (she did!) but I just couldn't go back. By this time it was raining and I was in no mood, especially after arriving home and taking off my flip flops to discover that one was blue and one was black.

3 comments:

Jodi said...

Wow, what a day!

Marti said...

All I can say is:

Oooooooohhh, Mindy!

Hope today is better.

Anonymous said...

Oh, my poor baby sister! She's losing her mind already! :O)