"For God loved the world in this way: He gave His One and Only Son, so that everyone who believes in Him will not perish but have eternal life." John 3:16

Thursday, May 17, 2007

Congratulations, Graduate!

Today was Summer's much awaited preschool graduation. It was SOOO cute! Complete with cap, gown and diplomas, the kids closed this chapter in their lives and prepared for the new adventure of kindergarten! I have to admit, I fought tears on a couple of occasions, but I haven't been the only one. Summer has turned on the waterworks several times throughout the day. This first happened right after the ceremony when she realized that she was coming home with us and not going back to class. The second big occurrence happened after we were home, Daddy had just left for work and I was walking out of the bathroom. A little girl came running into me, sobbing...and do I mean sobbing. Summer is a great actress and can turn on the tears almost on command, but these were real and I couldn't help but cry with her. I know it is only preschool, just one graduation of many...but I also know with each one she will be less little girl and I won't be able to cradle her in my lap as she cries.

I have been somewhat dreading the summer break with all three kids, but I am going to try hard to hold on to each day. We have lots of fun things planned and I know the time will fly. Before I know it she will starting her first day of kindergarten, then first grade...Connor will be in preschool and then Chloe...and I will be alone during the day. My days maybe stressed or a little crazy, but I know they are fleeting and need to be cherished. My little ones are precious and the time spent with them is priceless.

Oh, and I have to share...Summer keeps us smiling even through tears. She has been talking about missing her friends but especially her teacher. I told her that next year, in kindergarten she will have another teacher she will love just as much. She responds with, "I know, Mom, but then I will have to leave her too and go to first grade...so I am just going to be sad all the time!" And the tears started all over. :) Oh, the drama...but again...I know this is only the beginning!!

Sorry, it is so dark... if you can make her out, Summer is the smiling graduate in the background there...
Receiving her diploma from, the much loved and greatly missed, Mrs. Landy...
Future High School Graduate of the Class of 2020....The tears are starting...
The graduate and two future Sharing Tree Preschoolers...
Our little kindergartner...we are so proud you, sweet Summer!

2 comments:

Jodi said...

Congratulations, Summer! What a big girl you are.

Anonymous said...

oaky, when you put it that way "class of 2020"...thats just crazy. congrats summer!