"For God loved the world in this way: He gave His One and Only Son, so that everyone who believes in Him will not perish but have eternal life." John 3:16

Thursday, May 3, 2007

I Will Laugh At This Some Day?

Yesterday, I put all three kids down for a nap and the girls went right to sleep. Connor, however, was a different story. My head was hurting and I just wanted to lay down for a bit too. I normally don't do this, but it had just been one of those days, you know? I must have went right to sleep...about 20 minutes later I wake up to Summer groaning. I go to check on her. Connor is bent over her with a huge grin on his face, water bottle in hand - squirting her...yes, SQUIRTING her with water! She groans and rolls over as I grab him, drag him to his room and then notice that he is soaked too. His pants are dripping, he has one sock on (which happened to be Summer's??) that is soaked, he "fixed" his hair. Oh, but it didn't stop there...his bed is dripping, his toys are covered in drops of water, the carpet soaked! Nice! I am not real sure my 20 minute nap was worth it.

I left his room wondering if I would EVER find this funny. Summer amazingly didn't wake up through all that. She slept for another hour or so and then came out happy as could be. "Mommy, you know what I dreamed about?" She exclaimed excitedly. "A whale was licking me!"

OK, so I had to chuckle...but just a little.

4 comments:

Jodi said...

I had a good laugh . . . at least about the licking whale part. That's so cute!

Probably when he's 18 and you can tell these stories to his girlfriend as revenge, THEN you will think it's funny. :)

Marti said...

Well, I got a laugh out of it, too! :)

Hope you get feeling better!

Anonymous said...

You may laugh at it someday, but I am finding that you're just as apt not even to remember it!!!! Funny kids! :O) -sis

Anonymous said...

i am laughing at it already