"For God loved the world in this way: He gave His One and Only Son, so that everyone who believes in Him will not perish but have eternal life." John 3:16

Saturday, October 20, 2007

Chatty

The day is almost over. It has been a long day. Not a bad day, just a long day. Shawn left for work a little after 7 this morning and he knew he wouldn't be back before midnight. Now it is looking like it will be well after midnight, but with each passing hour...that is one less, right?

The kids and I spent the day at Grandma and Grandpa's. They are now sound asleep after the big day and I, for some reason, am feeling a bit lonely. I miss Shawn...as silly as they may sound because he was just here this morning. I wish he was here now, not just for me, but for him. I know he must so tired. I have only talked to him via email today and he sounds good. He handles it all so well. I couldn't. Why I am here, I guess and he is there. I am so thankful for my husband who works so hard to support his family of 5...on one income. No small feat, I tell you!

I am also thankful he got done work on time yesterday and we were able to follow through with our family plans. We all had been looking forward to it all week and it was much needed! We took the kids to the zoo for "Spooktacular". It really isn't spooky at all...and we knew that or we would have never went. It was actually super cute. They had people dressed up throughout the park as zoo animals - nothing scary about it. (Other than the chicken costume...my brave son was scared of the chicken costume. Don't ask.) They had bouncy houses and treat stations all over the place (which had WAY better things than just candy - like free Frostie coupons!) The kids got extra wear out of the their costumes and had so much fun!

I would post pictures...but after getting batteries and all, I forgot the camera! I was so upset with myself. I love posting pictures on here...it is all about the blog, you know. But now, you will just have to wait until Halloween to see what characters my kiddos are this year!

Thanks for keeping me company! I am off to find a good book!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so close to calling you, but then I think it is almost 11:00 p.m. there and you could very well be sleeping. So I won't. But I know what you mean by feeling lonely and I would love to be able to keep you company. Please know that you are loved - and missed. and I can't wait to see you in a couple months.