"For God loved the world in this way: He gave His One and Only Son, so that everyone who believes in Him will not perish but have eternal life." John 3:16

Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Firsts

Today Summer and I both experienced some "firsts." She had her first kindergarten field trip and I chaperoned for the first time.

It is surreal in a way, because I have such vivid memories of my mom chaperoning...and now it is me with my little girl in school?! Maybe I am a little slow, but I still can't believe I am old enough to have a child in school. I don't feel old enough to have a child in school. If someone would have said that I was there to be chaperoned, I think I might have believed them. Does your mind ever catch up to your age? Is this just me?

It was lots of fun though. All the kindergarten classes went to see "The Three Little Pigs." The play was adorable and so well done. It was great to be able to interact with the little people that I have heard so much about this last month. And fun to see Summer thriving in school.

Summer had a great time too. She has been looking forward to this for nearly a month now. However, it wasn't the play she talked constantly about but the bus ride. She was so excited to finally ride a school bus! "And it was even yellow!" (I am a little disappointed that her first school bus ride wasn't to the Dairy Queen. But she was excited none the less.)**

Next week, we have the book fair. The next week is her second field trip - to the zoo this time. After that her fall festival and I will be helping with all of it! Thus begins the busy fall/winter activities. But I love it! Truly, my favorite time of year!

**For those utterly confused by this...my sister and her husband own a Dairy Queen AND school buses. Could anything be more fun to a 5 year old (or her mom)?!

3 comments:

Marti said...

Bird had her first field trip last week to the Pumpkin Patch. Hopefully I'll post pictures sometime.

A weird thing for me is realizing that some of the teachers are younger than me. Can they possibly be old enough to teach if they are younger than me?

Tara said...

Wow, so fun! Hard to believe Summer is IN school already!

Jodi said...

You think it's bad having a 5-year-old . . . wait until she turns nine. I definitely don't feel old enough to have a child that old.

We're heading off for a field trip to the fire station this afternoon. Armin is already begging to leave, and it's not even 8:00 AM yet.