"For God loved the world in this way: He gave His One and Only Son, so that everyone who believes in Him will not perish but have eternal life." John 3:16

Monday, October 22, 2007

He's Home!!!!

Shawn finally walked through the door at 6am this morning!!! I had been awake since 5:30 praying for him. I ran to the door when I heard the lock. He came in smiling. He said, "I don't know what you are doing up, but I am going to bed." :) He did appease me long enough to answer some of my questions before falling asleep. So I will attempt to answer some of yours...

He was not "held there". He stayed because the systems needed to be up by 7am this morning and they decided together to stay until it was done. His disposition is amazing to me. He is not upset in the least, just doing what needed to be done. Never once, through his emails or our one phone conversation did he complain. He kept saying, "I really am OK...I can't believe how good I am doing." I am praying he was a light in the office during this ordeal and that God was glorified. For after all, "Whatever you do, do enthusiastically, as something done for the Lord and not for men..." (Colossians3:23).

This morning, looking back, I am just really thankful. Thankful for the experience even. Not that it wasn't hard. The lack of the communication was very frustrating to me, and several times I hit my knees in near panic praying for Shawn to contact me. His cell phone dead, his office phone busy so I could only email. Sometimes 6 hours would go by before he would have a minute to email me back. My mind would wander to horrible things and all I could do was pray...why i was awake praying at 5:30 this morning. And my answer came as Shawn walked through the door! My life verse this weekend, "Don't worry about anything, but in everything through prayer and petition with thanksgiving, let your requests be known to God." (Philippians 4:6) Next to that verse in my Bible I have written, "God is all about prayer because He is all about relationships. Prayer not only builds our relationship with God, it builds our faith." And I can see both happening...so for this I am thankful.

I am also thankful that it was just a weekend. They have never seen a situation like this before and likely to not see it again. It is over. He is here sleeping. Not overseas....not without a job...not coming home. He is here. How can I not be thankful?

Thanks to those who prayed! It was such a great lesson, yet again, that God gives you whatever you need to get through that day...no more, no less. I had just enough strength to make it here at home with the kids and Shawn had just what he needed to do what was required of him. God is amazingly faithful!

No comments: